Peter Meijer Architect
Peter Meijer Architect, PC (PMA), produces innovative restoration, preservation, and material science solutions in response to architecture and planning needs. Founded in 2003, we are committed to the reuse and adaptability of existing and historic built environments. From rehabilitation, renovation, documentation, and material conservation, to seismic upgrades, our goal is to strengthen and enhance properties and sites that already exist.
Our firm culture is guided by our core values and driven by our company’s mission: to invest in the future by providing compatible, resilient solutions within our built environment. We hire smart, independent, and creative professionals that thrive going the extra mile in our service to our clients. We are a nimble team committed to leading and shaping the future of material science solutions and historic preservation.
The Designer/Architect will work independently and collaboratively with project leaders to meet project deadlines and performs a variety of assignments requiring skills in all conventional aspects of architectural designs for projects of moderate size and complexity. Additionally, the Designer/Architect will:
- Perform analyses of design, planning and occupancy studies, and design layouts.
- Prepare project specifications, compiling, and analyzing relevant data.
- Write and review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
- Generate drawings, diagrams, sketches, and other graphic material during all project phases.
- Participate in the preparation of comprehensive drawing sets from concept design through construction documents.
- Perform building condition assessments, prepare reports, and provide recommendations with guidance from project leaders.
We are seeking a creative, agile, authentic, and collaborative architect to join our team as a Designer/Architect Level I. Our ideal candidate is a fully competent architect in all conventional aspects of architecture, has completed their Bachelor's degree in Architecture, with at least 3 years or more of experience. This person is also…
- Passionate, energetic, and highly motivated.
- Always seeking opportunities to improve the world around them.
- Critical thinker able to bridge the gap between preservation and architecture.
- Excellent judgment and initiates problem-solving with ease and optimism.
- Highly self-motivated, completion oriented and resourceful.
- Loves working with clients.
- Well organized.
- Holds an architecture license is a plus!
Do you want to join a tight-knit team that operates on integrity, balance, leadership, and stewardship? Great! Please submit a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio examples through the link. In your cover letter, please share with us why you want to join the PMA team.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace.
Peter Meijer Architect and Gorge HR have partnered together on the recruitment of this position.